Saturday, October 22, 2005

Taj Mahal Lite

Peter and I spent the end of this week in Iowa visiting colleges - Thursday at the University of Iowa and Friday at Iowa State. It was a great and somewhat nostalgic couple of days for me, a graduate of both institutions. For Peter it's time to make big decisions. Iowa or ISU? ISU clearly has the more beautiful campus. Iowa has the better food and probably fits Peter's personal style a bit better.

After the formal tour of ISU was done, I thought about how to best "sell" Peter on ISU. Since I knew that Curt was the head of the Phi Delt householders association, I thought maybe Peter would be impressed with the house. So we walked that way. Though it had a bit of the Taj Mahal look to it, we were both pretty surprised at the turn the house had taken under Curt's stewardship.



Peter's first words after seeing the house were, "Go Hawks!"

No comments: