Friday, March 03, 2006

ATTENTION ALL PLASTICVILLIANS!

The date of the 35th Annual Train Party has been changed! The event was scheduled to begin on June 30th, but will now take place from July 7th to July 9th. The decision was made after it was discovered that the previous dates conflicted with the Dave Matthews Band annual two night concert event at Alpine Valley. Event planners agreed that the date change was the best way to accommodate all citizens of Plasticville.

Unfortunately, I know that this won't be happening. I must weigh the options and choose only one, a difficult task as they are two of my favorite weekends of the summer. The weather will most likely be unbearable both places. It is a major year for both events, the 35th year of the Train Party and my 10th and 11th Dave Matthews Band shows. Both will include good beer and wonderful people. The main difference is that the Train Party is a tradition that I have adopted because of my dad and the Apline Valley concert is a tradition of my own. I find it very commendable that the Train Party has been an annual event for almost 35 years now, and I hope to have my own "Train Party" traditions in the future. The DMB weekend may eventually be one of these "Train Parties." It will no doubt evolve as time goes on (and DMB is no longer together, *tear*), but it's still using training wheels and I'm not sure that it's ready to ride without them yet. We shall see...

On another note, I AM sure that I will be winning the 4th Annual Plasticville Basketball Tourney. Bring it on!

~Madeline

No comments: